Tuesday, October 7, 2014

What matters, really....

Sometimes I have to stop for a moment and think to myself: Does this really matter? In the big scheme of things, how important is this? Tomorrow or the next day, or next week, or next month, or next year, what does it matter?

I also need to stop sometimes and ask myself: Was I kind today? Did I make others smile? Was I helpful? Did I do all I could for someone, anyone, everyone? Could I have handled something better?

Many years ago I began to make it a point to do 2 goods deeds a day. At the end of every day when I'm driving home from school, I ask myself whether or not I did my 2 good deeds...if I did not, why not?

Each night, before I go to bed, I make sure I evaluate my day. If for some reason my day could have been better, I ponder upon how I could have made it a better day. Each morning, on my way to school, I make sure I am thankful for my family, friends, and all of my students.

I try very hard to make sure that I live each and every day with an attitude of gratitude.

No comments:

Post a Comment